About Splitrock Studio.
We make software products.
We’re great at finding smart people and giving them the resources to help them grow and thrive. By providing a salary, leave and all the bells and whistles, we’ve created a uniquely inclusive environment to enable anyone to start (or join) a startup — not just those who can afford to take the risk. We are on the hunt for a Web/Product Designer working primarily with our popular Software as a Service (SaaS) product BugHerd.
BugHerd is the best way for web teams to collect and act on client feedback. It’s like sticky notes on a website.
Way back in 2011, BugHerd burst onto the scene as one of the up and coming Australian startups. 9 years later, the gloss has worn off a little (and it didn’t quite make the unicorn club), but what is left is a resilient SaaS product in the process of completing a remarkable turnaround.
Today BugHerd is profitable and growing strongly with a loyal group of customers and a team of people committed to making it great.
What problems will I be solving?
- Management of the visual & interaction design direction of bugherd.com and the BugHerd web application
- Design and manage bugherd.com and our landing pages to convert visitors into leads, and ultimately long-term customers
- Shape and take forward a design vision for the future of the BugHerd application
- Design product experiences that are simple, usable and satisfy customer needs.
In solving these problems, you will be working closely with;
- The Head of Product to plan and conduct user research
- The Marketing crew to design and manage bugherd.com, landing pages and any other online presence we have
- The Devs to design, review and test features prior to their release ensuring a quality experience for our customers.
What do you want from me?
- UI and design chops
- 3+ years of experience in a web-focused design role
- Ability to build/maintain webpages in Webflow or a similar tool is a must.
- Good understanding of HTML/CSS
- Solid knowledge of conversion rate optimisation principles – or desire to learn
- Creativity & problem solving
- Initiative and comfort working autonomously
- Being a good human
Any bonus points?
- Show you can apply yourself to get results
- You have a passion for technology design that goes beyond “just a job” (no we’re not asking you to work on weekends).
- Experience in, or with, digital agencies (many of our customers are agencies)
What can I expect from Splitrock Studio?
- A supportive team
- Learning and development
- Trust and autonomy
- An open mind
- Good humans
We are flexible, autonomous and results-oriented. We thrive on creating great experiences for our customers and have a “learn-by-doing” attitude.
You will be trusted to manage your own time and deliver quality work. In return will enjoy true workplace flexibility including generous leave allowances and a team who respects your personal life just as much as your professional life.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your design skills on a growing SaaS product. Your success will have a clear and demonstrable impact on the results of the company, setting you up for opportunities within our business and beyond.
Note that although we are big on flexibility and have adapted very well to working remotely, we are looking for an Australian based team member who will want to join us (on a regular basis) in our Melbourne based office post-COVID induced isolation period.
Email email@example.com to apply