About the job
Splitrock Studio is on the hunt for a Search & PPC specialist to globally scale our popular Software as a Service (SaaS) product BugHerd.
BugHerd is the best way for digital teams to collect and act on client feedback. It’s like sticky notes on a website.
Way back in 2011, BugHerd burst onto the scene as one of the up and coming Australian startups. While we didn’t quite make the unicorn club, BugHerd is a resilient SaaS product with strong growth and profitability, and is loved customers in more than 170 countries.
What are we looking for?
A PPC specialist who will take ownership of customer acquisition via paid channels (Google, Bing, Display & Retargeting platforms). This is an opportunity to double the size of BugHerd over the next few years.
You will have 3+ years of experience at the coal face of Google Ads, and will be comfortable self-directing to build and optimise campaigns that achieve customer growth for BugHerd.
In addition to being BugHerd’s resident PPC expert, you will be a great human who enjoys solving problems and playing a part in cultivating a productive and happy team. You will also have the opportunity to support Splitrock Studio’s other growing SaaS products.
What will you be doing?
- Develop effective strategies for PPC channels
- Manage, setup, implement and optimise campaigns to improve performance
- Keyword research, effective ad copywriting, budget/bid management
- Analyse data sets to identify areas of opportunity and utilise conversion rate optimisation tactics (i.e. A/B, split-testing etc) to make our investment go further
- Keep abreast of new Search campaign initiatives and product updates, and work with the wider team to act on learnings, new opportunitities and continuous improvement
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What do we want from you?
- Show you can apply yourself to get results
- Willingness to learn
- A roll up your sleeves to get the job done attitude
- Creativity & problem solving
- Initiative and comfort working autonomously
- 3+ years experience at the coal face of Google Ads
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing technologies including tag management, Google Ads and Google Analytics.
- Data literacy
- Passion for technology and startups
- Being a good human
Any bonus points?
- Knowledge of SEO principles and execution
- You have a passion for technology marketing that goes beyond “just a job” (no we’re not asking you to work on weekends).
- Experience in, or with, digital agencies (many of our customers are agencies)
- Experience with technology and/or startup marketing
- Basic technical skills (HTML/CSS or any programming language)
- Advanced Excel/SQL/R or similar
- Experience with platforms such as webflow/wordpress or similar
- Side projects. We love side projects.
What can you expect from Splitrock?
- A supportive team
- Learning and development
- Trust and autonomy
- An open mind
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your skills to scale a growing SaaS product globally. Your success will have a clear and demonstrable impact on the results of the company, setting you up for opportunities within our business and beyond.
This is a full time position though we are open to flexible working arrangements (including part-time) if preferred.
About Splitrock Studio
We find smart people to help them turn SaaS products into thriving businesses. The environment we have created is uniquely inclusive to enable anyone to start (or join) a startup — not just those who can afford to take the risk.
We are flexible, autonomous and results-oriented. We thrive on creating great experiences for our customers and have a “learn-by-doing” attitude.
You will be trusted to manage your own time and deliver quality work and in return will enjoy true workplace flexibility including generous leave allowances and a team who respects your personal life just as much as your professional life.
Note that although we are big on flexibility and have adapted very well to working remotely, we are looking for an Australian based team member who will want to join us (on a regular basis) in our Melbourne based office.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.