If you've been following BugHerd for the last few months you will have noticed a distinct lack of progress in the last 30 days. Firstly, I'd like to apologize for our absence, and I'd like to reassure you that we're now back and in full swing!
So what have we been up to? In late March we spent 2 weeks in Silicon Valley pitching our product and our vision to investors and generally getting people excited about what we're doing. We spent a day at the Web2.0 Expo as part of the Startup Showcase, where we spoke for 2 hours non-stop to literally hundreds of people doing demo after demo after demo. And of course, none of that stopped once we got back to Australia. With pitch events in both Melbourne and Sydney, along with dozens of follow up meetings and conversations, we've literally only just now been able to take a breath! The good news is that we've pretty much wrapped up our quest for early stage funding and are now looking forward to getting back into some real work!
In just the last week you may have noticed we've made quite a few changes, and we have a lot more in store. Here are some of the highlights of what we've been doing:
- Moved the "log bug" button to the left to be more visible
- Made it more obvious that you can skip tagging an element and log a bug to the page instead
- Added the ability to minimize (or hide) the bug bar so that it's only there when you need it
- Added back the ability to click a bug flag in the details pane and be taken to the location of the bug (use the little grey flag)
- Added some encoding to the bug submissions to alleviate errors with "special characters" in URLs.
- Updated the bug entry form to more intuitive and as a bonus it now works correctly!
- Fixed the bug entry positioning so it no longer appears off the side of the page when logging bugs on the edge of the page
- Made the bug flags a little more obvious!
- We also added the ability to delete a project and disable BugHerd (excuse the ugliness of this for the moment!)
So yes, we're busy working again! And in case that isn't enough, here is a quick rundown on what we're working on at the moment:
- New and improved admin to better facilitate managing bugs and teams
- Improving the listing of bugs in the bug list (we're getting rid of the inbox/outbox thing)
- Display platform/browser information in the bug details
- An API (this will take a little while longer than expected, but it's coming)
So that's about it for now. Please excuse the mess during the next few weeks, we'll be making a lot of changes based on your feedback. We appreciate the time you've all taken in sharing your thoughts and feedback. We know we're a little incomplete at the moment, but we're working hard to get these things done ASAP for you!